Mountain State Spirit Seekers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Kathleen May

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheresaHPIR

TheresaHPIR

R.I.P. Kathleen May Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Kathleen May   R.I.P. Kathleen May I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:56 am

Kathleen May passed away this past week at the age of 89. She was an original witness to the Flatwoods Monster in 1952.

I can't find the article I had a few years back that outlined her many achievements and awards from local charity and women's organizations, but she had an impressive resume of community service, and made a few rare appearances to discuss the sightings over the years. One thing I do remember reading is her frustrations over the misconception and misinterpretation of her description of the monster, memorialized in the picture below. Here's her obituary:

A. Kathleen May, 89, formerly of Flatwoods, passed away Saturday, June 13, 2009, at White Sulphur Springs Family Care Center.

Born Nov. 20, 1919, in Flatwoods, she was the daughter of the late Joseph E. and Leotha Lemon. She was preceded in death by her husband, Val E. May of Michigan; and grandson, Jon D. Armstrong of Pennsylvania.

Kathleen is survived by her daughter and son-in-law, Vallen and Michael Armstrong of Newton, Pa.; sons and daughters-in-law, Eddie D. and Myrna May of White Sulphur Springs and Freddie and Virginia “Piddle” May of Gassaway; brother, Adrian Lemon of St. Albans, four grandchildren and five great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.

Weather permitting, graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 17, in Flatwoods Cemetery with the Rev. Jim Criner officiating. If raining, services will be held at Stockert-Gibson-Sizemore Funeral Home, Flatwoods. Rebekah services will be conducted by members of District 15 Assembly of West Virginia of Hacker Valley, Cowen and Central of Sutton.

The family will visit with friends at the Flatwoods Community Building immediately following the services.

Stockert-Gibson-Sizemore Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

R.I.P. Kathleen May FM2
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntingtonparanormal.com

R.I.P. Kathleen May
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mountain State Spirit Seekers Society :: Aliens & UFO's-
Jump to: